The Acrobat Reader is required to view many resources.
The Flash plug-in is required to view this course.
This course will show how to prevent employees from exposure to bloodborne pathogens and how to protect employees from infection at the workplace.
Target Group: Safety and health professionals and others
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what AIDS is, how it is transmitted, and the reasons for concerns about AIDS
- Describe the safety and health professional’s role in AIDS education and how to protect employees from infection
- Explain the legal concerns regarding occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- List the risks presented by bloodborne pathogens
- Identify and follow OSHA’s standard on occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Lesson 1: Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Lesson 2: AIDS in the Workplace
Lesson 3: Legal Concerns
Lesson 4: AIDS Education and Protection
Lesson 5: Hepatitis B and C in the Workplace
Lesson 6: OSHA’s Standards on Bloodborne Pathogens
Seat time: 60 minutes.
Course is self-paced and bookmarked.